Monday, January 24, 2011

Spartacus Blood and Sand: Costume Highlight

 
If you haven't heard of or seen Spartacus on Starz, I would highly recommend you do. It's created by Steven S. DeKnight who is mostly known for Angel, Smallville, and Dollhouse. I could talk about the gripping storyline and bloody action all day but this is a blog about fashion, and what I really loved about this show is the costumes and I couldn't resist giving a shout-out to costume designer Barbara Darragh for her amazing work on the series. Everything from the gladiator armor and simple (yet beautiful) slave garments to the ornate ones worn by the wealthy. Although the story may not be the most historically accurate, the costumes certainly made it feel that way. 
For now I can't wait for season 2 with Liam McIntyre as Spartacus. He's got some pretty big shoes to fill.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment